During the holidays, I think it is safe to say that most of us will be traveling and living out of a suitcase even if it’s just for a weekend, over the next couple months. At first, the idea of a vacation is exciting as you image a dreamy adventure, however like clockwork, a flood of confusion sets in as you think of what to pack. Staring into your closet, questions begin to flood in — what do I bring? what do I pack it all in? And how am I going to share the holiday spirit with my loved ones out of a little suitcase?
I’m a chronic over packer — known to bring a whole suitcase of clothes and five pairs of shoes for an overnight stay. However I’ve slowly gotten more strategic with my packing over the years and have narrowed down my top packing tips for a holiday getaway.
1. Know the Occasions: It is important to be prepared and bring appropriate clothes, whether it be packing a sparkly dress for Thanksgiving dinner or a pair of sneakers and leggings for a family hike. It is better to know what you are packing for in advance and bring one specific outfit for every occasion and day — this way you won’t overpack! You’ll find a pair of neutral sneakers, ripped denim, chunky sweaters and leggings in my bag.
2. Find a Suitable Suitcase: Nothing is worse than having an overly stuffed, unorganized, or unrecognizable suitcase. Find a carry-all with enough compartments, space, and bonus, get it personalized with a monogram for easy spotting amongst a sea of suitcases at the airport. I’ll be using the PB Teen Hard-sided Carry-On Luggage and the Jet Set Paisley Power Toiletry Bag for extra organization.
3. Bring the Entertainment: There’s no time to be bored on a holiday getaway — become the entertainer! Bring cards, a board game the whole family can play, and earphones for the airplane or car ride.
4. Don’t Forget the Cozies: Bring what makes you feel most like home — don’t forget your plush robe, favorite pajamas, and fluffy socks and slippers! You’ll thank me later.
5. Keep the Memories: Don’t forget your camera (and all the chargers!)
What are your favorite go-to’s when it comes to holiday packing? See below for details on all my favorite finds! #mypbteen
This post is sponsored by Pottery Barn. All opinions expressed are my own.